Sunday, October 01, 2006

Outside, looking in

Portland, OR.

I've been here for a couple of days working the expo at the Portland Marathon. It's a great race. Well done and VERY "penguin" friendly.

This morning, during the marathon, I needed to get out an get in an easy 3 mile run. The only PLACE to run is along the river where, as it turns out, the marathon course goes. So, I actually had to run across/through the marathoners at about mile 5 to get to the river path.

It was a strange sensation, seeing all the participants running along while I was running on a parallel path. I was kind of running with them, but not really. And coming back, running against the flow, was really odd. As I finished and walked across the marathon course again I felt a little guilty. Not enough to jump in, mind you.

ORN: 3 miles, 36 minutes, R4/W1

No comments: