Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Cycle-ogical

Last Saturday I had a chance to do some real mountain biking for the first time in about 2 years. Actually, mountain biking is the wrong term. What I did was ride on some hard-packed running and horse trails in the forest preserves. No mountains, although the area used to be called Mount Forest.

Today, in an effort to do some kind of activity 6 days a week, I got out the mountain bike [which, now that I think if it, is a really dumb term. It's really just a fat-tired bike] and rode along the lakefront path. Nothing even like a hill out there.

I'm re-committing to getting in some cross-training on the days when I can't/shouldn't/don't want to run. Monday, when it got so late that I knew I couldn't get in a bona fide run, I dropped off the car with Jenny and walked the 3 miles home.

So today was just one of those kind of days. Get up. Get out. Get going. No pressure. No plan. Just move.

John

ORN [obligatory running note] 45 minutes of cycling on a fat-tired bike.

No comments: