Monday, July 02, 2007

I am NOT a jogger

WOW, that touched a nerve. I've never gotten so many on and offline comments. It might be that I'll need to write a column about THIS!

The truth is, yesterday, I was NOT a jogger, I was a bicyclist. I wanted to get out and do an easy spin, but ended up on a very nice hard-packed stone trail where the temptation to "get after it" was just too great.

Keep in mind, at my BEST I'm not even getting CLOSE to it, let alone getting AFTER it it, but I had fun. I led for a while, then drafted behind Jenny for a while, then cooled my jets and road like a normal person.

Today was "tempo" day. Nothing TOO impressive, just trying to maintain a somewhat higher level of effort for a shorter distance/duration. It was a near perfect day and
I was actually faster than I thought. NOT FAST. Faster than I thought.

ORN: 3.2 miles, 36 minutes, run 5/walk 1

{ORN means "Obligatory Running Note", from the original Dead Runners Society list that required every post to have some running content}

2 comments:

Wes said...

Please do write a column about it. There are so many people out there that get frustrated with shin splints, aches and pains, as they try to go from 1-2-3 miles. They push themselves because they think they are not running, and they are. We are a community, bound together by love for what we do. Let the world know.

Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

I couldn't agree more. That's a great topic. Heck, I know I'm a slow runner but the one that got me one day was when this woman out strolling with her dog called me a "Speed Walker". Nothing against speed walkers, but heck, I'm a runner....lol. I'd be a great stand in for slow motion movies, they wouldn't even have to slow it down...lol.