Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Road Warriors


It's late Tuesday night and I'm just getting around to this week's Blog. I'm getting better at getting to the keyboard at LEAST once a week. My goal is still to get something out every Tuesday and Friday.

I'm late getting back because my son, Terry, and I spent 6 hours on the road - each way - traveling to Randleman, NC to visit with the folks at the Victory Junction Gang Camp about the Run to Victory on December 7. . December may be a long way away, but planning a event is a year-round job.

We're excited about the potential of raising over $200,000 this year. Click Here to find out more about the camp, the race, and how you can help.

Oh, by the way, that's NOT my truck. The truck was donated to the camp by young Country Music sensation Taylor Swift.

For those of you who have been following the "statin saga", I'm happy to report that - for now - the Lipitor seems to be working without any major side affects. I haven't been able to do as much running as I'd like so I'll wait to make a final call, but I am optimistic.

More later.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

So glad you found a drug that doesn't give you the side effects. I'm glad you didn't give up, John.

Anne42pt2 said...

What is your favorite or most memorable "destination" marathon or half marathon, John? (If you are "allowed" to say?!)