Monday, February 05, 2007

Now that's more like it

GO BEARS! The first minute of the Super Bowl was sure fun! Oh well, I'm a life long Chicago Cubs fan, so I believe "there's always next year".

I was careful to check that the elevation was set to ZERO and set out to get in a 4.25 mile run/walk with the added 1/4 mile walk. This is the first week of the "bump", so I took it easy.

There's no getting around the fact that I am enjoying the shorter, more frequent runs. I've even found myself edging the pace up just a little to see how it feels to run "faster" than my normal pace. It's all relative and my "faster" pace is still SLOW. But, the point is that not having a marathon or half marathon on the schedule is allowing me to be more playful in my training.

My current "thinking" is that I may train for a 5K early this spring, just for something completely different, and then maybe a 10K a little later in the spring. It's where it all started for me and maybe it's time to "go back" to the beginning.

ORN: 4.25 miles, R5/W1, 48 minutes PLUS .25 walk

No comments: