Saturday, February 04, 2006

Sunrise run

ORN: 80 minutes, 3/2, Tucson, AZ

Talk about a change of scenery. I ran this morning with the training group from Fleet Feet Tuscon. Most of them are training for the Arizona Distance Classic, half marathon, in Tucson on March 12.

I can't begin to tell you where we ran. All I can tell you is there were mountains and cacti and things scurrying around the ground. It was about 40 degrees when we started and then the sun crested the mountains. BOOM. Instantly it was 65 degrees.

My knee is still whispering to me that we are NOT going too far or too fast. I'm listening! About an hour and 15 minutes into the run I knew that I'd be walking it in.

But it was a good week. I tied on my shoes and ran 5 days this week. They weren't all high quality runs but I was out there. Little by little it's coming back.

John

No comments: