Monday, September 11, 2006

The hills are alive



WOW, am I a flatlander.

I'm visiting my son, his wife, the twins, and the new baby in Vienna, Virginia [Washington suburb]. They've just moved into this house and today was my first run from here.

One word. HILLY!!

I was trying to find the W & OD trail, and think I got close. What I did find was - well - HILLS!

One thing for sure. I don't run enough hills. I intended to go 5 miles and only got in 3 plus.

ORN: 3.25 miles. 5 minute warm up, 40 minute run @ R5/W1, 5 minute cool down.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing what a difference hills make. I live in Tennessee, you can't throw a rock without it going up or down a hill.

Sandra said...

SW VA has even more hills - I get my hill work every time I go out the door!

Tim said...

Sandra's right! Come on (up and) down to the Star City!