Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Which way is up?

Oh good grief. I apologize to those of you who read this on a regular basis. I've been away, busy, and without access to the internet until yesterday.

I can't even begin to catch up, but, this past weekend Jenny and I were in Indianapolis for the 30th running of the 500 Festival Indy Mini [half marathon]. It's a fantastic race - 35,000 participants this year - and this year was special because they brought back former winners Bill Rodgers and Frank Shorter, among others.

The REALLY cool news is that Daniel [who some of you have met at our races] came in 2nd to the 2001 winner of the Chicago Marathon. NOT TOO BAD. He ran close to his PR - 1:03:30 or so. For those of you who DON'T know, John Bingham Racing sponsors Daniel. It's a small way to give back to the sport that's given me so much.

I did manage to get in some running, including what I'm now calling my "Better than Nothing" workout. Essentially the BTN workout is getting in SOMETHING rather than doing NOTHING.

I'm off to give a commencement address - if you can imagine - at Jackson Community College in Jackson, Michigan. I've been invited by a guy that I went to undergraduate school with - and haven't seen since 1968! Life is FUNNY.

John

ORN: BEST I CAN REMEMBER

May 4: 50 minutes
May 5: 40 minutes
May 7: 30 minutes, BTN
May 9: 50 minutes

No comments: