Sunday, November 26, 2006

Happy Trails

We ran today at the Waterfall Glen trail near the Argonne National Laboratory. The temperature was near 60 - unbelievable for November 26 in Chicago.

It's a crushed gravel multi-use trail, so there were runners, walkers, mountain bikers, and horses on the path. My plan was to try to run 7 miles, the most I'd run since Portland, the morning of the day I hurt my knee. I also planned to use a R4/W2 interval.

And I am VERY pleased to report that it worked. Somehow I even managed to maintain a sub-13 minute pace. This makes Miami or Disney Half Marathons [or BOTH] a possibility.

ORN: 7 miles, 1 hour, 29 minutes, R4/W2 for a 12:45 pace.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to hear you're healing up and getting back on the trail. It was wonderful to see you and Jenny Saturday morning enjoying the group and the beautiful morning.
I'm feeling good and very grateful for this day.
Sam

Sonia said...

Great time! I ran once in those trails and loved it!! We're having some pretty incredible weather in southern ontario too.

IronWaddler said...

That's an awesome place to run. The hills are challenging.