Thursday, January 18, 2007

The Penguin; Missing in Action

Good morning,

I cannot believe that it's January 18th. The last thing I remember it was New Year's Eve and we were setting up the rented cribs for the twins.

Later that week Jenny and I headed down to Orlando for the Walt Disney World Marathon. After a short turn-around we were back in the air going to Phoenix and the Rock 'n' Roll Arizona Marathon and Half Marathon.

And now it's now.

I have been running, but not as much as I would like. I'm having a difficult time getting into anything like a routine. When I do run, it feels fine. I'm still not going past 4 miles for now, but that's OK. I don't really have anything on the schedule.

It's now been over a year since I last ran a marathon. That's the first time I've gone that long between marathons in 10 years. Not sure what it means.

So, I am still here. And, I promise to get back on the streets and on the Blog.

John

4 comments:

Dasa said...

Good to see you are back Mr Bingham. I am training for the Country Music Marathon with Team In Training. I ran the Victory Junctio half at Randleman, NC. THats when I met you and you had asked me to email you .. yes that guy you met from India ..

Will you be running the Country Music Marathon?

Cheers
-Dasa

teacherwoman said...

Nice to see you back, Mr. Bingham!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you are back! What did you think of the Arizona Rock and Roll marathon? I was sure hoping to make one of your "talks" but was unable to make it. I ran the half-marathon. Had a great run - but was it cold or what?

Anonymous said...

Okay, so this is going to be my longest comment to you EVER (it might be the only one too). But let me tell you how you play a HUGE roll in my life. I never would have started running if it weren't for your quote.."The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start." When I saw the running log with that quote on it, I KNEW I had to buy it; and so the journey began. From that point on, I continued to buy all your books, the mug, and even the tee shirt. I've ran the Chicago Distance Classic in hopes of meeting you. Where are you? As I was training for the Goofy Challenge, I later found out that you too were training for it. Your blogs during that time were an inspiration to my training because I KNEW I wasn't going through the train-in-freezing-Chicago-weather alone. Fortunately, Orlando had a cold spell....I believe it was for us Chicagoans :) Nonetheless, you've continued to be an inspiration in my running life. I too have been out of the running routine since the Goofy Challenge, but I'm READY to get back on those feet again. I've already signed up for some races....hopefully I will FINALLY get a chance to meet you...soon!