Friday, March 23, 2007

Easy Does it, and I'm not kidding

I've got to keep my head on straight.

Yesterday I walked on the treadmill for a mile and a quarter. But see, that's not EXACTLY true. What I did was walk for 4 minutes and then RUN for one minute. Smart? Not really.

But my theory is that the problem was caused by the nearly 30 days of INactivity and NO running and walking, so MAYBE a little running and walking will CURE the problem.

Not sound medical thinking, I know.

But, I'm going to continue to try to find something that I can do that DOESN'T make things worse.

Honest.

John

2 comments:

Mary L. Rogers said...

Thank you John for your inspiration at today's Penguin in the Park 5K in Decatur, Illinois.

Our motto has always been that the power of the group is simply amazing, but it takes a leader to help us find our motivation to lace up our shoes day in and day out. We appreciate everything you do to make it really okay for us to JUST get out and move.

Your column, The Doors, is my favorite - once we decide which doors we want to run through - not the doors someone else tells us we MUST do, then we are certainly enjoying those experiences along the way that make what we do so much fun.

But I have to admit-my new mantra: Take what the day gives to you - expecting nothing more and definately nothing less.

Mary Rogers
Lincoln, Illinois

Joe said...

Smart to try small steps and see what DOESN'T hurt...hope it helps.