Monday, March 26, 2007

Two Minute Warning

OK, just in case someone is NOT a football [American football] fan, the 2-minute warning is given at the end of both halves of play.

I'm still on the treadmill, but I made the decision to TRY to up my running time to two minutes while keeping my walking time to 4 minutes. I was prepared [HONEST] to bag the run after one minute if I felt any discomfort, let along pain.

The first two minutes were fine. I was shocked to see where my heart-rate went to, but maybe that's to be expected. I stayed on for 30 minutes which was exactly 2 miles.

Some gentle stretching and then I'm going for another massage to see if they can break anything loose.

By the way: I hate this!

ORN: 2 miles

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

John,

I have been working a knee issue since November! Finally, have gotten to the point where the physical therapist says I can try running in April! Once I started listening my knee really started to get better. I am looking forward to adding running to my walking again.

Lisa

Ki said...

Best wishes for a fast recovery. We're all rooting for you.

Mike Ballard said...

Glad you are up and moving! You might want to consider seeing a Chiropractor for your back. It is all natural and you don't have to worry about medications. My Dr. has done wonders for my lower back pain.

Blessings!

Anonymous said...

I have just come through the exact same pain... so severe I couldn't stand up and it hit without warning. Two weeks after it struck I started as you are doing back on the treadmill walking. Its been two months now and I am back up to 1/2 marathon distance. Recovery was rapid after I started seeing a sports physiotherapist who got me to do the right type of stretching and exercises to not only tackle the pain but deal with the inbalance in some of the muscle groups that I had gained over the years with my running and lack of stretching etc. Hang in there. Before you know it you will be running better than ever.

Joe said...

goodmoves!!! waddle on!!