Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Just barely made it

I have a confession to make. Well, more like a story to tell you that has a moral. Or maybe it's just a story that has a point. You can decide for yourself.

For the last week or so, since getting back from Honolulu really, I've just been wasted. I do a lot of flying across time zones, and I took the red-eye home and actually got a little sleep, so I didn't think it was jet lag. But I've been tired and couldn't get over it.

Even though I've run some since I've been home, they haven't been good runs and they certainly haven't been fun runs. I've had to force myself out the door and then slug my way through.

Now the confession: Yesterday, I got dressed to run, when downstairs, went one step out the door, turned around, went BACK upstairs and went to bed. It took me about 5 minutes to fall asleep and I slept for nearly two hours without budging. I'm just tired.

I was able to get up today and get in a 4 mile run on the treadmill. It wasn't all that much fun, but I felt good about getting it in.

Not sure if it's just the end-of-the-year let down or honest fatigue. I'm just tired!

ORN: 4 miles, treadmill R4/W1 [run pace 10:31, walk pace 16:12] 45 minutes

1 comment:

keepfitsam said...

Hi John,
I am from Singapore and I came across your blog by chance recently. I have been reading your older entries as far back as it is online (and working my way towards the latest entries).

I got to know you from my sis. She lives in New York. She subscribed to Runner's World and told me about your articles. Since then, I have read 2 of your books - Marathoning for Mortals and No Need for Speed. Enjoyed them every much.

Just want to thank you for writing, keeping a blog, being candid about your training, staying approachable and keeping it light and humorous.

Perhaps you'll come sunny Singapore someday to do a marathon?

Sam