Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Fallout from Disney

ORN: 0

Two days after the marathon [3 days after the 1/2] I am amazed at how little hurts and how good I feel. There's no question that I've been physically tested, but I have felt MUCH worse after a marathon than I do today. I don't have an explanation except that my goals and strategy for the Goofy were so modest that even with Saturday's problem I didn't beat myself up.

Emotionally, I'm on a real high. I'm not usually the guy who does the "cool" stuff, like the "Goofy". And the truth is if I hadn't been invited to speak I never would have tried it. After all these years and all the running and racing I'm still pretty insecure about my abilities.

I feel a lot like I did after my first marathon. Surprised! And the truth of "The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start" is really hitting home.

John

No comments: