Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Gone but not Forgotten

No, I haven't disappeared, but I have been away from the computer. I've been away in part by choice, and in part due to circumstances.

This past weekend I was in Minneapolis for a running conference. It was put on by a group of running physical therapist. It was a very interesting time for me. Learning from them, sharing my perspective, getting a chance for some quality "runner-to-runner" fellowship was great.

I only had about an hour between being dropped off and picked up, so I hit the exercise room for a QUICK run on the treadmill. I'm working hard at being consistent with my running. That would have been an easy day to miss.

I was able to sneak in a long motorcycle ride on Sunday. I guess the big difference between a "rider" and someone who likes motorcycles is that when the weather turns nice, a rider rides. I didn't spend any time cleaning and polishing. I just rode. But, I did get in a run first.

Yesterday we had to go out the the Fleet Feet store in Elmhurst and while walking to the running path we passed an old fashioned toy store. There, as if just WAITING for me, was two of the cutest ride-on cars JUST in time for the twins first birthday. But, again, I was able to get in a run.

Nice weather again today. I'll be heading out soon.

John

ORN: Friday: 25 minutes, treadmill, 1% grade.
ORN: Sunday: 45 minutes, 5/1 lakefront
ORN: Monday: 40 minutes, 4/1, Prairie Path

No comments: