Thursday, April 13, 2006

Nothing Better to Do

I'm hitting the road for about two weeks soon. First to the twins 1st birthday, then to Boston, and then to London. It's a little like the holidays where you try to get as much done as you can "before I go".

Imagine my surprise when, yesterday, I realized I had done everything I wanted to do [no, not everything I NEEDED to do, but I'd done all I was GOING to do] and actually had some FREE time. Only one thing to do. GO RUN.

I headed out on a sunny day along my summer path taking it nice and easy. I had planned to go for 40 minutes, but stretched it out to 65 just because I could.

Life doesn't get much better than a day when you have nothing better to do than run. What a gift.

John

ORN: 65 minutes, lakefront [north] 4/1

PS: I got asked again about what the above means. ORN means "Obligatory Running Note" a throwback to the old Dead Runners Society listserve, lakefront means, well - running on the lakefront in Chicago, and 4/1 means the run/walk ratio that I used. In this case I ran 4 minutes and walked one and repeated for 65 minutes.

No comments: