Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Not quite there

Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't. That's a candy bar advertisement as I recall. Well, for a runner - or any athlete - sometimes you feel like it's there, sometimes you don't.

Today, I didn't.

I set off on the treadmill thinking that I would get in a relaxed 6 mile run. That almost immediately changed to thinking I would get in a relaxed 5 mile run. Then, I thought maybe a 4 mile run. It ended up being a 3 miler.

Then, I thought, well I'll just get in some weight training. A couple of adductors, a couple of abductors and I was done.

Then, I thought, well I'll just sit on the stationary bike for 20-30 minutes. 5 minutes later, I was finished.

So, I headed in for a steam and called it a day. It happens. I've had some good workouts this week, but I was really tired. And that's that.

John

ORN: 40 minutes, treadmill, 4/2

No comments: