Monday, November 07, 2005

Lost in New York

Wow. I think this is the longest I've gone without blogging since I started blogging.

I've been at the ING New York City Marathon since last Thursday. Jenny and I were on a panel at the expo and I was doing appearances for Runner's World magazine. I didn't have access to my computer, so I've gotten behind.

The highlight of the trip was getting to run 3 times in Central Park. Living in Chicago, on the north side, I've got a beautiful place to run every day; along the lakefront. But, as much as I hate to admit it, running in Central Park is better. There are rolling hills, lots of paths, and LOTS of people.

The biggest, and most pleasant, surprise was how my legs are already starting to come back after the Marine Corps Marathon. It's probably because I did so much walking. By yesterday [Monday] I was able to run/walk for a solid hour without any problem.

I registered for the Honolulu Marathon! Still not sure I'll do it, but I wanted to get a number just in case.

The New York City Marathon is special. There's no getting around that. It's not an easy course, but it IS the most international marathon in the world, and that alone makes it special.

So, I'll be back to regular blogging this week. Thanks for your patience.

Waddle on,

John

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's nice to see you again:)