Monday, October 24, 2005

Catching up

Wow, the weekend just slipped away. Here's the last few days.

ORN: Saturday, October 22, 2005. 55 min, 5/1

I'm in San Francisco, so I got to run down Market Street and along the Embarcadero, past the piers. It's probably the only flat stretch of pavement in San Francisco.

My legs were feeling VERY good, at least for the first 30-40 minutes. Getting closer to a decision on MCM.

ORN: Sunday, October 23, 2005. 0

Today was "race day" for everyone else. It was the Nike Women's Marathon [and half marathon]. 15,000 participants, of which only 150 were men. Amazing energy. Very well done. There's a column in it somewhere!

But, it was a lot of standing around. Not the best on the legs.

ORN: Monday, October 23, 2005. 55 min, 5/1

Same run as Saturday. Same results. I actually felt better in some ways. My legs have come back pretty quickly. I'm feeling stronger than I expected.

I'm pretty sure that I'll "run" MCM this weekend. Probably do a 3/2 run/walk sequence.

Waddle on,

John

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please explain 3/2...3 minutes or miles?
Thanks

a.maria said...

just wanted to thank you for speaking at the TNT Pasta Party this weekend... it was my first marathoning experience and hearing you speak only added to it...

we were all commenting on the "bite me zone" for days!