Friday, December 09, 2005

Not all bad

ORN: 55 min, 3/2

OK, I guess I should stop complaining about Honolulu. There's 6 or more inches of snow on the ground at home, so getting to run - outside - ain't all bad.

I just wanted to see where my legs were at after the flight. Things are "right", but they're close enough. I'll have to do a fair amount of walking in the couple of days and that should help.

My current thinking is to 3/2 until about mile 16 or so [depending on how I feel] then switch to 2/3 for a while, and finally walk that last few miles. But, it's going to be HOT, so I may walk sooner.

They are serving Amino Value on the course. After LAST weekend's fiasco with a new sports drink, I think I'll skip it. I may have to try to get some salt packets from somewhere.

John

2 comments:

Sminklemeyer said...

we in the midwest certainly envy your current location

Anonymous said...

It has been a long time since I have been able to say this to you. Good luck on your marathon. I don't think you need it but have it just the same. Also, if while in Honolulu you see Billy Burke tell him I said hello.