Monday, July 24, 2006

Long run, longer day

Today was "LSD" day. Long, slow, distance! I'm out of sequence a little. It's been three weeks since my last long run. But, sometimes it works like that.

I had to do 12, but I opted for 13.1, just to get it all in. So, I'm at the half-marathon distance already and it's only July.

There's no big secret to the long runs. They're long. And they're slow. I headed south on the lakefront path and had to run all they way down to Grant Park, past the Buckingham Fountain, and back.

From now on, I'll start by heading north for a few miles so that I don't end up having to run to Indiana to get in the miles. All though, to be honest, the southside lakefront path is almost more beautiful than our "northside" path.

I used a R4/W2 pattern for the first 12 miles and then just walked the last mile as a cool down. Considering that I did 4 last Friday, 8 on Saturday, and now 12 plus 1 today, I'm feeling pretty good about where my training is going.

THEN: I ended up biking to the Nike training run and WALKING another two miles!

John

ORN: 13 miles, Run 4/Walk 2 plus 1 mile walk. 12 miles, 2hours, 48 minutes. Total, 3 hours, 15 minutes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should try running south past mc cormick place a mile or so. On a nice day, it is BEAUTIFUL!!!