Saturday, July 22, 2006

Plug Nickel Run

After I put the title of this Blog up, I wondered how many people are old enough to even know what a "plug nickel" is. I'll bet not many. In the OLD days the electric outlet boxes had "plugs" that were about the size of a nickel. When they were building a house they would knock out the "plugs" and folks would pick them up. So, a "plug" nickel was worthless. End of history lesson.

The POINT was that I wouldn't have given you a "PLUG NICKEL" for my being able to get through an 8 mile run today. We got home late last night and when the alarm went off at 4:45 AM it was all I could do to get out of bed.

But, it was one of those beautiful summer mornings that we get in Chicago. Cool, dry, puffy clouds. And I was running with the Chicago Endurance Sports training program. Most of the participants are getting ready for the CDC so it was important for me to be there.

It must be the power of the group. I had a GREAT run. We got to the turn around and I couldn't believe we were half-way through. Just goes to show you, you NEVER know.

John

ORN: 8 miles, R4/W2 at LSD [long, slow, distance] pace

No comments: