Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Picking up speed

It rained off and on all day today. I knew I needed to get in the run, but was hoping that I could do it without getting soaked to the skin. Late in the day it was still cloudy, but the rain had pretty much stopped. Which meant it was muggy!

This was the short, daily run - and - I was trying to keep the pace up best I could. It's not exactly interval training, but by doing R5/W1 it's almost like doing half-mile repeats with a one minute recovery.

It all went fine. I've got some fatigue in my lateral quads. Coach Jenny isn't sure what it is, and I'm not either. It's not a pain, just fatigue. It may be from trying to run just a little faster - or - it may be from doing longer intervals. I'll take tomorrow off and see how it feels on Thursday.

This feels a lot like training. That's the good news and the bad news.

John

ORN: 4 miles, 50 minutes; R5/W1 with 5 minute warm up and cool down.

No comments: