Sunday, July 09, 2006

Race Weekend


Life has a funny way of going in circles. Kinda like a NASCAR race. I've been a big NASCAR fan since I was a kid. The names don't mean much to people these days, but Fireball Roberts, Fred Lorensen, and Buddy Baker were a part of my life.

So was Richard Petty, and then his son, Kyle. My own son, Terry, and I often looked at them as the stock car version of us.

This weekend David, Jenny, and I met with Kyle and Patty Petty about a race that we will be producing for them at the Victory Junction Camp. It will be a Half Marathon and 4.5K Victory Lap. The event will benefit the camp. We are just there to provide the race management. You can read all about it at: Victory Junction Run

We also got to hang out with the drivers, and in the garages, and in the pits all weekend. I was like a kid at Christmas.

I hope you'll join us in Randleman, NC in December. It was be a one-of-a-kind event.

John

ORN: Sat/Sun, July 8/9: 0

No comments: