Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Back at it

ORN 8/9/05: 60 minutes, 4/2

Wow, did THAT feel good. OK, it didn't feel that good at the start, but as my legs loosened up some it felt better and better.

The "plan" is to stretch my daily runs out from 42-48 minutes to 60-75 minutes. There's an old racing myth that you can "race" 1/3 of your total weekly mileage and "run" 3 times your daily run. Since I KNOW that I won't be getting in any 75 mile weeks, I'm hoping to bump at least one of my daily runs to 90 plus minutes.

If I can do that and get in a long run of 20 miles [plus the 14,16, and 18 milers] before the marathon I'll feel pretty confident.

Waddle on, friends.

John

1 comment:

Val said...

Uh-oh, I am counting on that "myth" (being able to run 3X your average training distance) -- since in a moment of temporary insanity I signed up for the Virginia Beach half-marathon over Labor Day weekend...
& [gulp], that's less than 3 wks away now...