Saturday, August 20, 2005

Running Ugly

ORN 8/20/05 10 miles, 4/2

Well, it happens. Today was supposed to be a 16 mile run, but the weather intervened. There was a big storm in the area so the morning run was cancelled.

That left me to run a 10 miler on my own in the middle of the afternoon. It was NOT pretty. In fact, it was UGLY. Probably the worst run I've had in 4 or 5 years. It was very hot and humid, I had gotten "up" at 4:30 AM for the 16 miler, and then didn't get to run it, and I think I just was emotionally let down.

But, it happens. You just gut out that kind of run. I slowed down [even more, for me] and focused on just moving forward. This was one of the few runs in my life that I can say I didn't enjoy.

Waddle on, friends.

John

1 comment:

IronWaddler said...

SORRY TO HEAR IT WAS A LOUSY RUN. HOW WILL YOU REWORK YOUR SCHEDULE TO GET THAT RUN IN YOUR TRAINING. MY FRIEND AND I COULD USE SOME SAVVY RIGID FLEXIBILITY ADVICE NOW THAT WE'RE GETTING CLOSE TO CHICAGO.