Sunday, August 14, 2005

Safety First

ORN 8/14/05: REST

The bigger the miles, the higher the risk. From here to race day is really a balancing act. Train as much as you can but not too much. Rest as much as you need to, but not too much.

Originally I had planned to do a recovery bike ride today, but thought better of it. I'll be doing a 16 mile run NEXT Saturday, so this is a transitional week between the two longest runs so far. All I have left is a 16, and 18, and a 20 and then the marathon. I want to get all I can from each of those long runs. They best way to do that is to be rested.

Waddle on, friends.

John

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I opted in place of a long run to volunteer at a racing event...what an awesome experience!!!!!!
The event was the Acworth Women's Sprint Triatholon & my place was at the finish line, handing out water bottles & congratulations. I even had the chance to help a finisher after crossing the line by just holding her & walking & talking...she was an encouragement to me, which I so desperately need as I hit the midpoint in training for the MCM!!!!