Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Where the rubber meets the road

ORN 8/10/05: 65 minutes, road bike; 35 "hard", 30 moderate

I love it when I have a good day. I especially love it when it comes along unexpectedly.

I got out on my LeMond for an easy ride along the lakefront. Jenny was going out at the same time so I "tagged along" for the first half-hour or so. What a great feeling to be sailing along the path.

Sadly, about 30 minutes in my legs decided that they had had enough so I watched Jenny pedal off into the distance and took a cool-down ride back.

It may be cross-training in the books, but bicycling is so much fun it's hard for me to think of it as training.

Waddle on, friends.

John

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What an encouraging thing to read just as I am about to go do a 40 minute ride for my cross training. I feel like a kid when I ride my bike!