Monday, September 12, 2005

Do the math

ORN: 45 min, 4/1

OK, here's the deal. Friday, flew 12 hours. Saturday, ran on the treadmill. Sunday, flew 12 hours. Monday, drove 12 hours, then ran along the lakefront.

The point is that it is NEVER easy to get in the runs. The easiest thing to do is find one of the hundreds of reasons why you can't get out there on any given day. But, for most of us, we can.

The idea that a training schedule is nice and neat, like in the book, is a fantasy for most people. Training is mostly a matter of figuring out how to get in what you need when you can.

Waddle on, friends.

John

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So true...I just rec'd the lastest issue of "Runner's World" & and there is an article on the "Monster Month"...the month of high miles before the marathon...that's where we're both at...for you, is it the Chicago Marathon? For me it's the Marine Corps (which is also my first)...so the tension is high to get my LSDs in whenever & wherever I can, without burning out. And I must not let the tendency to stuff it all into a couple of days take over!!!!
Onward, Bess

Anonymous said...

Dammit you've been spying on me; I thought no-one would notice I skived off tonight's run b/c the offspring was screaming and the spouse was being a sook about looking after her! You're right, I should have gone (sigh....). Tomorrow will be better.

LBTEPA