Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Getting Caught Up

Whew, it's been several days since I've been able to "blog". Sorry 'bout that. This time of year is insane.

ORN: 9/17/05, 8.2 miles, 5/1, 1:48

I was the last leg of a relay team at the new Rochester Marathon. It was a fantastic experience. There were 5 "Penguin" teams and everyone on EVERY leg ran together as a team. It was amazing.

ORN: 9/18/05, travel day, 0

ORN: 9/19/05, 17.75 miles, 2 run, 3 walk, 4:30 [15 min w/u, 15 min c/d]

I'm planning to walk/run - as opposed to run/walk - the Chicago marathon with a friend. Our goal is to come in at about 6 to 6:30. I've now done a 3, 3 1/2, 4, and two 4 1/2 hour long runs leading up to the marathon. It's been a long time since I felt this well prepared.

So, it's taper time now. All the training is in the barn. It's been a great training season, but a long one!

ORN: 9/20/05, recovery - pool

Not really swimming, just "playing" in the pool some, trying to stay loose

Waddle on,

John

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boy am I ashamed to admit it, but it makes me feel good to see your times and distances. I have had such a horrible running season and am so much slower than I was last year, that I have felt like quitting all together. Seeing what you're doing makes me feel like all may not be lost!

Anonymous said...

hey john glad to see that your doing better as for your new walk run system. i ran the desmoines marathon in 6:24:30 and i did a one minute run two minute walk for the hole race.also last year did a one minute run one and half minute walk at mcm and finshed in 5 hours and 47 minutes chip time

Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

I'm on week two of my marathon training and hoping to improve my current 8 hour pr by a half hour come January.

I haven't commented lately but still reading.

Way to keep going through your cold John.