Friday, September 09, 2005

Inventory

ORN: Zero. Travel day, 8 hours of flying.

There was no chance to get anything in today, and I knew that. But there's always something do to this close to the marathon.

1] physical inventory: Nothing hurt after the 18 mile run, a good sign. My back did "ache" a little towards the end of the run, but not so much that I needed to stop. This is a good sign.

2] equipment inventory: I'm pretty sure I've settled on the shoes I'm going to use. Pretty sure. I'll try a different pair for the 20 miler just to be sure. Obsessive? Um, YEAH! But I am sure of the socks, shorts and shirt!!

3] emotional inventory: I wish I felt better about going into the marathon. I've completed 40 of them, but that doesn't mean a thing. I'm still worried that I'll be able to complete THIS one.

Waddle on, friends.

John

1 comment:

Pony and Petey said...

Today I registered for the Houston marathon in January. I picked the race out right after I finished my first marathon (the Cowtown) this past February. It will be the last race I do as a "youngster"...I turn 40 five days later! My bib number is 6660...hope that doesn't mean I won't finish!

It's kinda sad to see that even after 40 marathons, there'll always be doubt as to finishing... I've run long enough to know that you just NEVER know what's going to happen on any given run. Thanks for the reminder to do my best to prepare, to race and cut myself some slack if it doesn't go as well as I hoped!