Thursday, September 08, 2005

Getting it done

ORN: 18 miles, 4:29; 12 miles 4/1, 6 miles 4/2, 4

I didn't expect to be able to get this in, but a window of opportunity opened up and I jumped through.

First decision was to do 4/1's even though I'd done all my other long runs at 4/2. The thinking was that I would get in a higher run percentage, and that was good. I'll let the math majors figure out the exact difference.

It went well up through 12 miles, then it became clear that I'd never finish at 4/1 so I switched. All in all a bonus long run. I'll do a 20 miler sometime next week [a 5 hour run/walk] and then take a shot at the marathon.

Waddle on, friends.

John

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Being able to "adjust" as our runs progress is the great thing about being a penguin...our focus is "getting it done" as you say...& if that means switching the intervals, so be it!!! You still felt that sense of accomplishment & you pushed on!!!
Way to go!!!!
Onward, Bess