Monday, September 05, 2005

Filling in the Gap!

As I said at the start, this would be semi-daily at best, and quite irregular at times. I've been at an event which means having very little time for anything other than working. But, better than most event weekends, I've been able to say sort of on track.

ORN: Friday, 9/2/05: 60 minutes biking

I had a media interview EARLY in the morning, which forced me to get up and get out. Turned out to be a very good thing. I had my bike with me so I was able to ride to the interview and then get in a solid 60 minute "street" ride.

ORN: Saturday, 9/3/05: 30 minutes, 4/1 X 2

I was scheduled to meet with a group for a short "pre-race" run, so I got out early and got my own short run in, then came back, met with them, and did the same thing again.

ORN: Sunday, 9/4/05: hodge-podge of biking a little, standing too much, and walking A LOT!

Race day always means lots of standing, and today was no exception. I rode my bike to the start, and then across to the finish for a total of about 5 miles. I walked a total of 5 miles to and from various race related events.

I woke up with a calf cramp [Charlie Horse?] for the first time in about 40 years. Not sure why, but suspect I didn't go a very good job of drinking enough sports drink during the day.

Today is another travel day. My legs are trashed from the weekend anyway, so a rest day won't hurt.

Waddle on, friends.

John

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You might want to check this article about preventing calf and muscle cramps. It could have been because you exercised so much at one time.