Friday, July 08, 2005

Favorite Runs

ORN: 50 minutes, 6/1 [run/walk] "daily" pace.

We live about 2 blocks from the lakefront in Chicago so the vast majority of my runs are done along the lakefront path. Nearly all of it is on crushed stone and makes for very comfortable running.

I've got a couple of FAVORITE loops and out-and-backs and yesterday I got to run one of them. It starts out headed south along the East path [closest to the lake] which has just been completely redone. The expanse of the lake and the view of the city from the north is something I never get tired of.

It loops back on the West path through Lincoln Park. There, it's almost like you've been transported to a rural area where dogs are chasing balls, frisbies are in the air, and people are just out for a stroll.

I think it's important to find "favorite" runs wherever you are. These are the places and distances that you know so well you could run them in your sleep. For me, there's a great comfort - like visiting and old friend - in a familiar path.

Waddle on, friends.

John

PS: I can't reply directly to comments posted on the Blog because they come to me as "annonymous". But in response to a question from yesterday, yes, Coach Jenny and Wife Jenny are the same person.

1 comment:

IronWaddler said...

Your blogs are great- I read them everyday. I am training for the CDC and Chicago marthon. It is great to hear what you are doing. My long run this week-end is 3 hours of 5:1. Have a great week-end