Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Run with my son

ORN: 7/11/05 : 40 minutes, 4/1

I'm out visiting my son, his wife, and their 12 week old twins, my grandchildren. Terry and I took some time away from the babies for a run around his neighborhood.

Some folks know about my son and I riding motorcycles cross-country and then running the Rock 'n' Roll marathon in San Diego a few years back. My son "forgot" to train. The ride was wonderful. His marathon experience was not great!

Running with him is just like being with any "running buddy". Somehow it's easier to talk about things that matter when you're moving. Not sure why, but I'm grateful for the time together.

The gifts that come from being a "runner", whatever that means, go way past physical health and weight. Life is just better as a runner.

Waddle on, friends.

John

No comments: