Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Riding in the Rain

ORN 7/25/05, Chicago: ?? mountain bike

Yes, it's true. I have no idea how far or how long I rode yesterday. The plan was to ride the new Chicago Distance Classic course, but it didn't quite work out that way.

When we got to where we were going to start the sky was dark and there was lighting all around. NOT TOO SMART to be on a bike at the edge of a lake with that much lighting. So, we hung in the car for about an hour waiting for it to clear.

The weather LOOKED fine when we finally started and we had gotten all the way to the turn-around when things started to get ugly. The rain clouds moved back in and the sky opened up. Not the gentle summer rain in the movies. A DOWN POUR.

Somehow, though, it didn't matter. Once we were soaked to the skin we just took our time riding back. And like running in the rain, biking in the rain brings me right back to my childhood. I didn't wear a watch when I was 10 years old! I didn't seem like I needed to keep track of time yesterday either.

Waddle on, friends.

John

No comments: