Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Weekend Update

Well, I said it would be sort of semi-daily. I hope everyone had a nice July 4th weekend, even those of you who don't celebrate it with the Americans.

ORN Sunday: 25 mile bike ride in the morning. 10 mile bike ride in the evening. The biking really helps me work on aerobic stamina without putting the stress on my joints. Plus, I like biking so it doesn't feel like cross-training.

ORN Monday: 4 mile tempo run. Jenny, my mom and dad, and I participated in a small, local "4 on the 4th" race. It was a lot of fun. It's been a long time since I did a race with 200 people. Back to my own running roots.

The goal was to keep a steady but somewhat uncomfortable pace and try to finish in under 45 minutes. It was a double-loop course with one pretty long hill [which we did twice in each direction] but I managed to finish in 43:50. A good effort, especially on very tired legs.

Waddle on, friends

No comments: