Friday, July 01, 2005

Day off

ORN: I ended up taking the day completely off yesterday. I was dressed, shoes on, ready to head out the door [even though my legs were feeling dead] when I asked Coach Jenny what she thought. REST! was the answer.

It's not easy for me to "miss" days. When I was first starting out I was convinced that if I missed a day I would lose all the fitness that I had gained. No doubt that it was an obsession.

I think it's easy, though, for some of us who have started later in life to panic about slipping backwards. It's hard to remember that the fitness gains we make don't go away overnight. It's also hard to remember that the REAL strength and endurance comes when our body is resting and recovering from the training.

Waddle on, friends.

1 comment:

DawnB said...

I just can not believe its really you. You have time to actually do this blog, wow you are amazing. Your book "the courage to start" was my inspiration. I've read it a few times and have given it has gifts. I love it. I hope some one isn't inpersonating you as there are so many that look up to you. Well if it helps to get us even more motivated then it is worth it. thank you again. I posted this on the 30th in error. But here it is again