Thursday, July 28, 2005

Windy City

ORN: 7/27/05; 2 1/2 hours, road bike; Chicago lakefront path

I should have known! The plan today was to bike south on the path about 12 miles or so, to Promitory Point, to take some digital shots of the Chicago Distance Classic course. Sailing south on the path I was thinking just how great it was to be out on cool day, effortlessly pedaling, and enjoying every minute.

Then, I turned around.

Most of the effortlessly part came from the 20 mph sustained wind! It took me 45 minutes to get down to Promitory Point and 1 1/2 hours to get back. In fact, I cut OFF the bike path to get to ride the city streets just to get out of the wind.

So, the effort was more than I intended. My legs are feeling pretty trashed which, with a half marathon to run on Sunday, is NOT the best plan.

Waddle on, friends.

John

No comments: